Friday, June 14, 2013

Recipe: refrigerator oatmeal

I cannot explain my obsession with this new recipe I literally just made last night. If you love oatmeal, fruit + yogurt this is for you!!! My 13-month old even gobbled it up!  It truly does not get more simple than this. Ready??

Ingredients

  • 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup whole milk, rice, soy or almond milk
  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons honey

Preparation

  1. 1. In a bowl, stir together the oats, milk, yogurt and honey. Pour into small mason jars and stir in desired accompaniments.
  2. 2. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days. Serve chilled.

Accompaniments: 1/2 a banana, mashed or sliced, mashed or chopped berries (this works great with frozen berries too) ,flax seeds, chia seeds, a teaspoon of peanut or almond butter, dried fruits, chopped, almonds, walnut, cashew or pumpkin or sunflower seeds

As always thanks to Weelicious for always feeding my family well. 

If you make this, tell me what accompaniments you use. I used banana the1st time. Next time, I may try vanilla yogurt which is already sweetened & omit the honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment