Sunday, June 2, 2013

Recipe: frozen banana bites

Usually, when I have over ripe bananas I slice them up & freeze them for smoothies. 

This time, I tried something I have wanted to for a while- frozen banana bites!!

I have been seeing over & over a simple, clean & healthy version of "magic shell", which I LOVED as a kid. Remember? You squirt some on your ice cream & it hardens instantly. Kind of like the dipped cones at Dairy Queen. 

The recipe for the "shell" could NOT be simpler. Melt some chocolate chips with some coconut oil (double boiler) and once the creamy concoction touches frozen bananas it gets hard. You could also use this to dollop over your favorite ice cream too. Lately, my favorite is Larry & Luna's coconut milk ice cream. It's delicious!!

The next time you have some bananas that may be too ripe, slice them up & freeze on parchment lined cookie sheet for a few hours. Then, start melting & dip away & refreeze. 
When I make these again (asap according to my family), I'm making peanut butter banana sandwiches first, then freezing. And maybe I will even roll in some unsweetened coconut. How YOU doing?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment